Re: Second wave of the Code Red Worm

From: Meritt James (meritt_james@bah.com)
Date: 08/07/01

Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:54:38 -0400
From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james@bah.com>
To: EPiC <epic@hack3r.com>
Subject: Re: Second wave of the Code Red Worm

Consider "A 'White Hat' Goes to Jail " at
http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,44007,00.html and "Max Vision
begins 18-month term" at http://www.securityfocus.com/news/221 during
your ethical battle...

--
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Booz, Allen & Hamilton

Relevant Pages

  • Second wave of the Code Red Worm
    ... Second wave of the Code Red Worm ... I believe there is a lot of system administrators or users that are doing a ... poor job in preventing this second infestation of ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Second wave of the Code Red Worm
    ... Second wave of the Code Red Worm ... > I believe there is a lot of system administrators or users that are doing ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Second wave of the Code Red Worm
    ... Second wave of the Code Red Worm ... If some admin find there servers patching automatically they might not bother with patches at all. ... Second wave of the Code Red Worm ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Second wave of the Code Red Worm
    ... Second wave of the Code Red Worm ... themselves, poor administrators. ... In my classes, I ALWAYS stress security ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Second wave of the Code Red Worm
    ... Do keep in mind though, that there are many swamped sys admins, who see this ... Second wave of the Code Red Worm ... > I believe there is a lot of system administrators or users that ...
    (Security-Basics)