Re: Email filter for linux

From: Wahyu Kelik (cahyadi@time.net.my)
Date: 08/04/01

Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 08:38:20 +0800
To: SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com
From: Wahyu Kelik <cahyadi@time.net.my>
Subject: Re: Email filter for linux

At Thursday 8/2/01 06:04 PM (-0400), Darrin Powell wrote:
>Does anyone know of an email filter I can setup on a linux email server?
>Something that would block or strip email that has a virus attached to it?

I have a procmail.rc for Linux (but I think this script already send to
this list). This script will scan whether an attachment contain a file that
have more than 2 or 3 extention (especially for the last extention contain
.com, .exe, .pif -etc). If your friend are joking, then he will get an
e-mail regarding multiple extention, generated by this script.
Anybody has another idea?

-kelik-

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Email filter for linux
    ... I ordered a test copy of Sophos' antivirus software, ... It runs on FreeBSD and Linux and a few other *nix platforms. ... Happy virus hunting, ... > Subject: Email filter for linux ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [opensuse] Intel Core Duo "buggy as hell"?
    ... on opensuse, Redhat, Ubuntu or any one of the mryiad variants of Linux ... with the reason for this lists existance, ... configure your email filter to flush any message containing my email ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Email filter for linux
    ... Karperskys lab, has released a free linux antivirus, ... On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Darrin Powell wrote: ... > Does anyone know of an email filter I can setup on a linux email server? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Q: What is containment action after Virus is found
    ... >> scanners for Linux to work. ... There are many flavors out ... They also include an email filter ... Ron Goulard just posted a link to a ClamAV HOWTO he wrote. ...
    (Fedora)