Re: DNS Root Servers -> Root-servers.net, gtld-servers.net

From: kath (kath@kathweb.net)
Date: 08/02/01

From: "kath" <kath@kathweb.net>
To: "David Page" <david@melaniepage.worldonline.co.uk>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: DNS Root Servers -> Root-servers.net, gtld-servers.net
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:03:48 -0400

Most of the roots are on main internet backbones and should they find
themselves under attack, the Tier 1 providers they sit on could try
filtering or ramping up bandwidth.

If this failed and the root DNS servers when down, as I said Tuesday to our
server administrator at work: all of us in the internet field will be
washing cars or asking "Would you like fries with that?" as our new careers.

- k