RE: Qmail vs. postfix

From: Peņa, Botp (botp@delmonte-phil.com)
Date: 07/31/01

From: "Peņa, Botp" <botp@delmonte-phil.com>
To: SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Qmail vs. postfix
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:37:02 +0800

We use postfix.

Very simple to admin, very simple configuration.

Very secure (the author himself is a recongnized security expert). I have
placed one postfix server facing the internet (for 3 years already) without
a firewall. It hasn't been down ever (hey, I am not challenging you guys. I
have placed it there in case our fw gets hosed. Currently it does bulk
mailing ;-)

Very fast, so fast that I have to slow it down (so to speak) since our
hardware was not catching up ;-)

Very clean and open code (if you know C, you'll appreciate it ;-)

HTH. note, this is just my comment on postfix.

-botp