Re: Qmail vs. postfix

From: White Vampire (whitevampire@mindless.com)
Date: 07/29/01

Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:39:03 -0400
From: White Vampire <whitevampire@mindless.com>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Qmail vs. postfix

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:46:57AM +0200, Uros Gruber(uros.gruber@sir-mag.com) wrote:
> Qmail or postfix.

        That is pretty much a matter of opinion. I do not have much
experience with Postfix. I have been using QMAIL for years, however. I
completely abandoned sendmail after discovering it.

        The last version of QMAIL (1.03) was published in 1998
(I believe). There have been no major vulnerabilities discovered over
that timespan and it is wide use. I would take that as a rather high
endorsement for the product.

Regards,

--

\ | \ / White Vampire\Rem | http://gammaforce.org/ \|\| \/ whitevampire@mindless.com | http://gammagear.com/ "Silly hacker, root is for administrators." | http://webfringe.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... If the question is "Which MTA should I use?" ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... to compare it to Postfix. ... in Sendmail. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... If the question is "Which MTA should I use?" ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... to compare it to Postfix. ... qmail than Sendmail or Postfix. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] MTA Selection
    ... > security is an absolute requirement. ... qmail works right out of the box.. ... a lot smaller than Sendmail or Postfix. ... "It uses two large monolithic configuration files, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... But after many years testing nearly every mail server, ... to compare it to Postfix. ... MTA of their Firewall. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... No. qmail beginners often experience problems. ... Postfix, no recipient validation is done, since the relay_recipient_maps ... As smtp local server, I tried to send mails and none of them reached its ... I am very happy with Cyrus (IMAP). ...
    (SuSE)