Re: Qmail vs. postfix

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas@worldgatein.net)
Date: 07/26/01

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas@worldgatein.net>
To: Uros Gruber <uros.gruber@sir-mag.com>, Uros Gruber <uros.gruber@sir-mag.com>, SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Qmail vs. postfix
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:04:30 +0530

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Uros Gruber spewed into the ether:
> can anybody tell me what to use. I want to have secure mail
> agent.
> Qmail or postfix.
Whatever you like. I personally use postfix, I just happen to like it
better than qmail. Much less painful to setup, no holes known (and none
seen in the code, either. I'm not a very good C coder, but good enough
to check code).

Devdas Bhagat

--
Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... If the question is "Which MTA should I use?" ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... to compare it to Postfix. ... in Sendmail. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... If the question is "Which MTA should I use?" ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... to compare it to Postfix. ... qmail than Sendmail or Postfix. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] MTA Selection
    ... > security is an absolute requirement. ... qmail works right out of the box.. ... a lot smaller than Sendmail or Postfix. ... "It uses two large monolithic configuration files, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... No. qmail beginners often experience problems. ... Postfix, no recipient validation is done, since the relay_recipient_maps ... As smtp local server, I tried to send mails and none of them reached its ... I am very happy with Cyrus (IMAP). ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
    ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... But after many years testing nearly every mail server, ... to compare it to Postfix. ... MTA of their Firewall. ...
    (SuSE)