Re: Qmail vs. postfix

From: Tatiana Aidar (taidar@onmail.com.br)
Date: 07/26/01

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:45:49 -0000
To: "Uros Gruber" <uros.gruber@sir-mag.com>, <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Qmail vs. postfix
From: "Tatiana Aidar" <taidar@onmail.com.br>

Hi, Uros.

Well, In my opinion depends how you or system
administrator configure the softwares.
I prefer postfix because if you don't use your machine
for mail server, it`s better.
You can use machine for other service but you will want
function for DNS, FTP, DHCP, because you have scripts for
mail check or mail acknowledgment then in this case i
suggest you for use Postfix.

But if you want use your machine for mail server i
consider you use qmail. There are many configuration for
qmail. The structure of qmail is more complex than
postfix.

And answering your ask, the two softwares is more or few
security. It does not matter because you or a system
administrator can to configure for secure mail agent. Of
course you will need update the patches and the new
versions. If to appear one bug, you need fix this. Or
downloading the new version or applying patche.

Thanks a lot

Tatiana Aidar
:)

Uros Gruber <uros.gruber@sir-mag.com> escreveu:

> Hi!
>
> can anybody tell me what to use. I want to have secure
mail
> agent.
>

> Qmail or postfix.
>

> --
> thanks,
> Uros mailto:uros.gruber@sir-
mag.com

--

__________________________________________________________ Email enviado pelo webmail de http://www.onmail.com.br Este servišo pode ser incorporado a qualquer site, intranet ou extranet. Visite http://www.integraweb.com.br e saiba como.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User permissions - admin and limited is thats it?
    ... as limited rather than administrator because we ... don't want them to change network settings, ... We have found a problem however that using some softwares the users are ... from installing software or changing network settings etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • how to allow local users on one machine to run all the softwares
    ... how about creating a user group to access your computer ... and set permissions same as the administrator or for each ... user set the permissions the same as the administrator. ... if they can't run some softwares using there local ...
  • Re: how to allow local users on one machine to run all the softwares
    ... > how about creating a user group to access your computer ... > and set permissions same as the administrator or for each ... > user set the permissions the same as the administrator. ... if they can't run some softwares using there local ...
  • case sensitive system user names & postfix
    ... Freebsd 6.1 running Postfix 2.3.2 ... When postfix receives a mail correctly addressed to AdMiniStraTor@$myhostname it tries to look up the user "administrator" and reports there is no such user and rejects the mail as user not found. ... Postfix is running on a separate host behind a firewall with all mail port requests being past through the firewall. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • mail wont send in SuSE 8.2
    ... We have a new installation for our webserver using 8.2 with postfix. ... we use SuSE 8.0 and sendmail as our smtp. ... the administrator no longer receiving any more email. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)