Re: Qmail vs. postfix

From: Tatiana Aidar (taidar@onmail.com.br)
Date: 07/26/01

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:45:49 -0000
To: "Uros Gruber" <uros.gruber@sir-mag.com>, <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Qmail vs. postfix
From: "Tatiana Aidar" <taidar@onmail.com.br>

Hi, Uros.

Well, In my opinion depends how you or system
administrator configure the softwares.
I prefer postfix because if you don't use your machine
for mail server, it`s better.
You can use machine for other service but you will want
function for DNS, FTP, DHCP, because you have scripts for
mail check or mail acknowledgment then in this case i
suggest you for use Postfix.

But if you want use your machine for mail server i
consider you use qmail. There are many configuration for
qmail. The structure of qmail is more complex than
postfix.

And answering your ask, the two softwares is more or few
security. It does not matter because you or a system
administrator can to configure for secure mail agent. Of
course you will need update the patches and the new
versions. If to appear one bug, you need fix this. Or
downloading the new version or applying patche.

Thanks a lot

Tatiana Aidar
:)

Uros Gruber <uros.gruber@sir-mag.com> escreveu:

> Hi!
>
> can anybody tell me what to use. I want to have secure
mail
> agent.
>

> Qmail or postfix.
>

> --
> thanks,
> Uros mailto:uros.gruber@sir-
mag.com

--

__________________________________________________________ Email enviado pelo webmail de http://www.onmail.com.br Este servišo pode ser incorporado a qualquer site, intranet ou extranet. Visite http://www.integraweb.com.br e saiba como.