double NAT

From: Kirk Brady (kbrady22@iprimus.com.au)
Date: 07/19/01

Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 01:02:15 +1000
To: security basics <SECURITY-BASICS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM>
From: Kirk Brady <kbrady22@iprimus.com.au>
Subject: double NAT

this may be a stupid q to some but i was just wondering that if you have a router connected to the net that performs NAT, and then a firewall connected to the router that
performs NAT as well, do all user requests that are sent then get double NAT'd or does this setup not work? once again im sorry if this seems stupid to some, but its been
bugging me for a while and i havent found anything that tells me.

thanks,

kirk brady

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Just want to keep the crap out!!
    ... It looks to me like the simpler the NAT device the better. ... implementations don't have any connection tracking modules or only ... I've read such stupid advice way to often. ... Internet connection is better than directly connecting a Windows box to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Upnp
    ... > stupid problem: Various things not working behind NAT, ... It's not the good point of view: upnp can be used such a way with nat ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: double NAT
    ... Subject: double NAT ... On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Kirk Brady wrote: ... once again im sorry if this seems stupid to some, ... the request is dealt with by the gateway its set to use. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: double NAT
    ... Subject: double NAT ... > this may be a stupid q to some but i was just wondering that if you have ... The DMZ if for the Laptops that Friends bring with them. ... So my "Firewall" consists of 2 packet-filters with NAT and a DMZ. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Which router For Linux MDK 9.2
    ... This one has given me absolutely topnotch service...and is a great NAT ... firewall. ... Newbies, we all say & do stupid things sometimes. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)