oracle question

From: Rory (nazgul_at_csn.ul.ie)
Date: 07/18/01

Have a quick question about oracle encryption --
We need to encrypt a some of the fields in a table (not the whole table)
Oracle supports this but only seems to support encryption of the entire
table -- am I wrong here? However what I really want to know is has any
ever done this ? and what their thoughts on how well it worked. It seems
to be just a matter of flipping a switch and wuhoo the table is encypted
but is this really the case. Anyone done this and ran it to any nasty
problems?. Sorry is this is vague but I only just starting goign through
the oracle docs on this and we need this done yesterday.

--
----Rory

Relevant Pages