secure application development course

From: Johan Peeters (yo_at_secappdev.org)
Date: 01/16/05

    Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:42:57 +0100
    To: secprog@securityfocus.com

    Solvay Business School, in partnership with Katholieke Universiteit
    Leuven and L-Sec (Leuven Security Excellence Consortium), is running
    an intensive secure application development course for experienced
    software practitioners from February 28th to March 4th 2005 in
    Brussels.

    Leading world experts teach this new course, including
    prof. dr. ir. Bart Preneel, who heads COSIC, the renowned crypto lab,
    prof. dr. ir. Frank Piessens, who provides the only secure software
    development university course in the Low Countries, Ken van Wyk,
    co-founder of CERT Coordination Center and author of the widely
    acclaimed O'Reilly book "Secure Coding: Principles and Practices",
    prof. dr. Konstantin Beznosov who teaches computer security at the
    University of British Colombia, dr. Dirk Dussart, a senior security
    auditor and architect and author of ground-breaking threat modeling
    guidelines and prof. dr. ir. Andrť MariŽn, former Ubizen's chief
    scientist and architect of several world-class security products.

    The course focuses on secure software engineering principles and
    techniques for countering threats and vulnerabilities in today's
    target environments.

    It provides participants with a thorough preparation for secure
    application development.
    Participants who complete the course will be able to:
        * Use mainstream security technologies,
        * Identify security related requirements,
        * Design secure application architectures,
        * Design cost-effective security features,
        * Avoid coding vulnerabilities,
        * Ascertain security qualities in existing applications.

    In order to benefit optimally from the course, participants must have
    a working knowledge of most of the following:
        * An unmanaged programming language such as C or C++;
        * A managed programming language such as Java or C#;
        * Key Internet applications such as mail, directory services,
          network file systems, remote procedure calls.

    For further information and registration details, visit
    http://www.secappdev.org.

    --
    Johan Peeters
    http://www.secappdev.org

    • Re: Ten least secure programs
      ... it's probably better you leave the topic alone ... I said I do not have security issues with the programs I code. ... I didn't realize you were a Linux user, ... > the most widely used and secure UNIX flavors? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • "An Asp.Net accident waiting to happen" - Draft article
      ... In a time where Security ... in shared hosting environments. ... technologies that allow the creation and deployment of secure ... IIS 6 web server and windows 2003 also provide some tools to deploy ...
    • RE: Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk
      ... I do agree that the additions and changes to Solarius will make it more secure and that this is good. ... Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk ... instead I would say that the view that security is ... Four Construction Workers Died after Crane Collapse in Toledo, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Screensaver takes too much time to fade-out...
      ... If you are serious about making your machine secure, ... learn a thing or two about security. ... These logs are mailed to the root user at 3am. ... Setup dovecot and use a local email client to fetch it. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Why Easy To Use Software Is Putting You At Risk
      ... Anyone who has been working with computers for a long time will have noticed ... because DNS does not configure properly or security permissions are relaxed ... Is It Also Secure ... guarantee that no one really knows for sure, not even Microsoft developers. ...
      (Security-Basics)