RE: Charging customers on security

From: Koen Vingerhoets (koen.vingerhoets_at_ubench.be)
Date: 09/28/04

    To: "Secprog@Securityfocus. Com" <secprog@securityfocus.com>, "King Pang" <kingpang@gmail.com>
    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:00:15 +0200

    Hi,

    I think your idea of layered security will work quite well.
    As mentioned by others, it must be CLEAR what the customer buys. On the other hand, they must be aware of the risks.

    In your example, you clearly have three levels. Maybe take an example of all? So that they SEE the difference?
    Show a print of webconfig, a print of the registry, and so on.

    I wouldn't introduce a third party that early... makes it look as if you don't know how to make it secure.

    Koen