Re: OWASP Top 10 penetration testing software?

Hi,

You should be careful with scanners that claim to test "the OWASP Top Ten".
For example, "Insecure Cryptographic Storage" is one of the OWASP Top
Ten but this is typically only detectable server side, so no web app
scanner will find it :)
And Insecure Direct Object references are tricky to find in an
automated way, but relatively easy for an experienced security tester
to find.

Automated tools will only be able to find a subset of the top ten, and
all of the other potential vulnerabilities (eg application level
issues).
Dont believe anyone who tells you otherwise :)

The OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) will find some of the top ten
'automatically', but works best if driven by someone whos looking for
issues and knows what to look for.
Its a good tool to help you learn how to find issues, but wont do it
all for you.
No tool will!

Psiinon (ZAP Project Lead)