Re: Best route to penetration testing learning

Thanks for the tips guys. I've seen the offensive-security.com website and I
was interested in that because it had the 'real' hands on labs and then a
certification that was very similar. It seemed to be the best for 'real
world experience' so I was actually going to take that course.

I'll setup a test lab here and starting working away, but I appreciate the
opinions and direction.

Thanks.

Archangel Amael wrote:

Hello,

There will likely be many opinions on the matter but a quick link or
two to help get you going, would be
http://www.offensive-security.com/ While not an easy certification to
be sure, it will likely be one of the most realistic in terms of
actually using Penetration testing tools within a realistic network
environment.
For an extensive collection of free information regarding using
metasploit and some other pentesting tools, check out
http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/Metasploit_Unleashed_Information_Security_Training
as well.

Hope that gets you started.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM, wlandymore <will.landymore@xxxxxxxxxxx>