Best route to penetration testing learning

I'm new to penetration testing and recently took the CEH. I found that it was
pretty basic but I was wondering if people had some insight as to the best
route to take if you wanted to be a penetration testing engineer....

Any courses/books that are mandatory that will help get me on my way, or
other opinions as to how I can get into this?

Thanks.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Best route to penetration testing learning
    ... was interested in that because it had the 'real' hands on labs and then a ... I'm new to penetration testing and recently took the CEH. ... Information Assurance Certification Review ... actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Internal Penetration Testing
    ... I use the same ones that I use to test the perimeter systems of our network. ... Subject: Internal Penetration Testing ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Best route to penetration testing learning
    ... I'm new to penetration testing and recently took the CEH. ... other opinions as to how I can get into this? ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: SQL passwords
    ... Subject: SQL passwords ... tables and crack the passwords offline, ... Sent from the Penetration Testing mailing list archive at Nabble.com. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • New issue of PenTest Mag is out. See it for free.
    ... new annual subscribers we've prepared a special gifts! ... The offer is valid until November 9th, 2:00 am CET or while stocks last. ... Sent from the Penetration Testing mailing list archive at Nabble.com. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)