run nmap automatically from index.html (??)

We are doing a pen test for a small company and wish to automate some things. We have a website inside their Intranet that
when employees scan or visit it we'd like to nmap the box they came from trying to see if anyone hooks up an authorized computer to their intranet. Any ideas of how to get=
nmap to run automatically?

Getting a perl script to run nmap is already done but I'm trying to figure out whether we should monitor the libpcap data or the apache log files
etc. I'm sure someone else has done this already - can you share some ideas?