Re: Penetration testing professional certifications

Hi,

What about the Offensive-Security certifications?

haZard0us

Em 11/08/11 13:54, sapran escreveu:
Dear Penetration Testers,

I am looking for advice of an experienced penetration testers
regarding the certification path to choose. My goal and reason in
taking a certification exam is not a certification by itself but the
opportunity to learn from preparation materials, fill the gaps in
skill set and experience, as well as align the expertise with current
"best practices" in the field.

I knew about CEH/LPT path from EC Council and SANS's GPEN before and
I've discovered IACRB's CPT/CEPT lately, however I'm having hard time
trying to assess them in comparison. I would appreciate any help in
comparing the subject domains, expected effort and potential benefits
of these certification as well as those I've not encountered yet.
Maybe some results are already out there and you could share the links
to related materials?

Thank everyone in advance.

Best regards,
Vlad

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • RE: Pentesting lab
    ... I think an issue here is that Metasploit and similar tools are effective ... actually do a proper penetration test. ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can ... Information Assurance Certification Review ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Evaluating pentesters
    ... Does anyone know if a "bakeoff" of pentest vendors has ever been done? ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can ... actually do a proper penetration test. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: CEH program and Sybex Study Guide
    ... I just want to add something to the discussion: please have a look at the backtrack certification path. ... Security testing is very large as a profession, ... much practical experience does the author and technical editors have ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Pentest exams
    ... there aren't other good classes and certs out there but I learned sooo much ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Penetration testing professional certifications
    ... I am looking for advice of an experienced penetration testers ... regarding the certification path to choose. ... expected effort and potential benefits ...
    (Pen-Test)