From: sapran@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:54:17 +0300
Subject: Penetration testing professional certifications
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Penetration Testers,

I am looking for advice of an experienced penetration testers
regarding the certification path to choose. My goal and reason in
taking a certification exam is not a certification by itself but the
opportunity to learn from preparation materials, fill the gaps in
skill set and experience, as well as align the expertise with current
"best practices" in the field.

I knew about CEH/LPT path from EC Council and SANS's GPEN before and
I've discovered IACRB's CPT/CEPT lately, however I'm having hard time
trying to assess them in comparison. I would appreciate any help in
comparing the subject domains, expected effort and potential benefits
of these certification as well as those I've not encountered yet.
Maybe some results are already out there and you could share the links
to related materials?

Thank everyone in advance.

Best regards,
Vlad

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can
actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require
a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • RE: CEH and Intense School
    ... In my own opinion, a successfull penetration testing operation is not only about using a suite of tools but also about being able to report on the risk thaT such exploitation might represent. ... The certification program offered by Isecom is based on this methodology. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Licensed Penetration Tester LPT
    ... Do not confuse the certification "Licensed Penetration Tester" with ... a government recognized licensure program. ... someone in the proper position to take an existing certification program, ... application security ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Penetration Testing Services
    ... Good penetration testers reading 3 books? ... Scans don't find the vulns that adversaries really use. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Mile2 Training (Certifications)
    ... CPTE - Certified Pen-testing Expert ... Better to take up a GIAC certification or ... Penetration Testing Certifications. ... provide two training courses/certifications ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Real money...Pentagon spends $100 million to fix cyber attacks
    ... Every IP address is scanned multiple times per day. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Learn all of the latest penetration testing techniques in InfoSec Institute's Ethical Hacking class. ...
    (Pen-Test)