Re: [OT] Remote OS Fingerprinting - ICMP/TCP

Try SinFP against tcp/53. Post the results.

On 22/05/2011, at 5:32 PM, Vimal™ <avvimalkumar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

I am trying to fingerprint the OS of a remote DNS server (Using ICMP and TCP).

nmap result shows Linux Kernel 2.6
Only Port 53 (UDP and TCP) is open.

http://www.securitypronews.com/securitypronews-24-20030929OSFingerprintingwithICMP.html
http://nmap.org/nmap-fingerprinting-old.html - [FINGERPRINTING METHODOLOGY]

Can anybody help me by sending the packet level response for different
OS / Kernel versions. Or any ready made scripts for doing the same.

I am using Scapy (python) for crafting the packets.

Kindly advise.

/--
Regards
Vimal

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org