[OT] Remote OS Fingerprinting - ICMP/TCP

Hi List,

I am trying to fingerprint the OS of a remote DNS server (Using ICMP and TCP).

nmap result shows Linux Kernel 2.6
Only Port 53 (UDP and TCP) is open.

http://www.securitypronews.com/securitypronews-24-20030929OSFingerprintingwithICMP.html
http://nmap.org/nmap-fingerprinting-old.html - [FINGERPRINTING METHODOLOGY]

Can anybody help me by sending the packet level response for different
OS / Kernel versions. Or any ready made scripts for doing the same.

I am using Scapy (python) for crafting the packets.

Kindly advise.

/--
Regards
Vimal

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: [OT] Remote OS Fingerprinting - ICMP/TCP
    ... nmap result shows Linux Kernel 2.6 ... Only Port 53 (UDP and TCP) is open. ... Can anybody help me by sending the packet level response for different ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [OT] Remote OS Fingerprinting - ICMP/TCP
    ... I am trying to fingerprint the OS of a remote DNS server (Using ICMP and TCP). ... nmap result shows Linux Kernel 2.6 ... Can anybody help me by sending the packet level response for different ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [OT] Remote OS Fingerprinting - ICMP/TCP
    ... I am trying to fingerprint the OS of a remote DNS server (Using ICMP and TCP). ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • (no subject)
    ... > timer under both FreeBSD and Linux kernel? ... Pasi Sarolahti and Alexey Kuznetsov, "Congestion Control in Linux TCP", ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • TCP configuration within linux
    ... I'm trying to benchmark some of TCP variants using Linux kernel 2.6 ... Untill now, i found how to configure TCP Sack, Vegas, and Westwood. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)