Re: How to become a pentester

Hi Andres,

It is quite simple to become a pentester. You need to ensure that you have thorough understanding in security. Having certifications like CEH or Security+ is helpful. Remember that a pentester can't be confined to one technology. You virtually need to know everything. However, in the beginning you might not get a job as a pentester as organisations want experienced people. So it is often helpful to join as an Administrator and then become a pentester after a couple of years.

------Original Message------
From: Andres Rauschecker
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to become a pentester
Sent: Dec 9, 2010 1:56 AM

Hello guys,

I am going to school yet, but I want to become a pentester in my later life. I've been programming for four years now and started to deal with IT-security two years ago. I've asked a lot of people working in IT-business, what they did to get their job, but unfortunately I never got to know a pentester.

Because of that, it would be really great if anyone of you could tell me, how he became a pentester.

Thanks in advantage and sorry for my bad English (I'm from Germany),

Andres Rauschecker

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Thanks & Regards
Anupam Kumar
Mobile: +91 98860 45030

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to become a pentester
    ... It depends, there are different levels of pen testers, the ones who ... How to become a pentester ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • How to become a pentester
    ... Because of that, it would be really great if anyone of you could tell me, how he became a pentester. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Software to Correlate traffic from various devices
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require ... a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Software to Correlate traffic from various devices
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...