From: Sihan Zheng <sihanzheng@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:56:43
To: <pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is there a future?

On 07/12/2010 12:55 PM, abigdeale@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Good day,
I'm currently working in a corporation as a support engineer. Been in the field for 12years, love solving problems, taking the lead on projects, building infrastructure etc. I'm fasinated by security in such a way that it became a hobby, passion. And now I'm trying to make it a lifestyle. I got the CEH exam prep book and sybex, writing sometime in january. I understand that's only a entry level cert, so I'm doing a bootcamp at a well established pentest company sometime middle next year to get exposure. Afterwards I'm gunning for the rhce.
My question: I'm putting everything I have in this. Is the market big enough out there for me to survive? I want to do it the right way, as I'm still old school. Or do I opt for searching for a post in the field and tail the experience ones and learn?

Deale

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Of course there is a future. We have all seen the progress in the computer industry. The truth is, computers are used everywhere. And they are becoming increasingly important in our lives. Thereofore, there will be a huge demand for security professionals.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • RE: So long and thanks a bunch!
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review ... actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: web application scanner question
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Pentest exams
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Hacking and Building Web Applications
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Evaluating pentesters