How to become a pentester

Hello guys,

I am going to school yet, but I want to become a pentester in my later life. I've been programming for four years now and started to deal with IT-security two years ago. I've asked a lot of people working in IT-business, what they did to get their job, but unfortunately I never got to know a pentester.

Because of that, it would be really great if anyone of you could tell me, how he became a pentester.

Thanks in advantage and sorry for my bad English (I'm from Germany),

Andres Rauschecker

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Evaluating pentesters
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: CEPT
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Password Audit (AD Domain hashes)
    ... Is there another place to look over thread archives for this ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Password Audit (AD Domain hashes)
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: backtrack tutorial ?