Re: A L0phCrack Alternative

I am surprised that nobody mentioned the combination of fgdump
(http://www.foofus.net/~fizzgig/fgdump/) for dumping passwords and John
the Ripper (http://www.openwall.com/john/) with jumbo patch for cracking
them. Both free and open source.

--
Alla Bezroutchko
Gremwell - http://www.gremwell.com/

On 07/12/10 20:42, olufemimogaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,

I recently used a trial version of L0phtCrack to perform a password audit of the user accounts in my company's active directory. It worked great, revealing all the weak passwords that users had. The only problem is that it's a trial version, and the full versions are just so expensive

Does anyone know about an open source/free alternative that works ok, even if not as good as L0phtcrack. I'll truly appreciate any tips on this.

Thanx

Femi M.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org