I'm considering making the v2-level protocols the default. They're slightly more secure, and they should be supported by Windows 2000 and above. I used NTLM originally because it's faster and more widely supported, but I don't think that's necessary anymore.

Thoughts?

Ron

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:55:43 +0000 "Sherwyn" <infolookup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Edward,

You can pop in irc.freenode.net #skullsecurity and look for iago-x86
he is one of the nmap developer that worked on the SMB enum stuff.
------Original Message------ From: Edwards, David Earl
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Nmap SMB Enumeration
Sent: Sep 14, 2010 9:11 AM

Good Morning,
                I am trying to use NMAP for SMB share enumeration on
a Windows 2008 domain. I am running this against systems with Windows
2000 through Windows 7. When I specify the smbdomain, smbuser, and
smbpass arguments I am only able to see shares with null access. It
seems as though the credentials are not being used. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks, David

Board

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can
actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs
require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Infolookup
http://infolookup.securegossip.com
www.twitter.com/infolookup