Password audit in 2008 DC

Hello,

I have a client that requires a password audit to it´s DC that is on a
win 2008 server system.
Due to the criticity of the service, the client does not allow the
execution of a non proven tool to do the task.

I´m trying to do a simple SAM dump on ths system but I need to know for
sure it´ll work and won´t cause a DOS.

I looked for documentation on fgdump and pwdump7. But I find some
contradicting info stating that the tools will only work as for
extracting the local SAM and not the hole Active Directory.

Does anyone have had a similar case? or a trully working experience in
this? Will this tools affect the service since the Win2008 security
responds differently to the tools dll or service?

Tnx in advance.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Remote access and automatize user account creation (Windows XP)
    ... They are asking my client to automatize the creation of 2 local accounts w/o having to enter any credentials. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Controlled DoS
    ... You can say that monitored/controlled DOS attack.In PenTest Scenarios ... it may require more cooperation from client to analyze the resources ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • demoing sslv2 vulns
    ... vulnerabilities for weak and medium ciphers and SSL v2. ... A client has ... exploiting this. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Remoting and windows service
    ... That error simply means that the server system is not listening on the port that the client tried to connect on. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: Storage Structure
    ... >I am doing a project where I have to set up a client / server system on my ... The client side is a registration and login form. ... object-oriented programming is all about. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)