Re: Nessus, Harmful?

Zaki Akhmad wrote:
Hello,

I want to do a nessus scanning, but before I'd like to know is it
nessus scanning harmful? Because I don't want to make the server down.

While a full nessus scan may crash services or your system, you may want
to consider that if you can do it legitimately, there's a chance the bad
guys can do it as well.

Of course, make sure you have all the appropriate permissions before
scanning.

--
-- John E. Jasen (jjasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
-- "Deserve Victory." -- Terry Goodkind, Naked Empire

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Nessus, Harmful?
    ... Even safe tests could trigger bad stuff. ... I want to do a nessus scanning, but before I'd like to know is it ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Nessus, Harmful?
    ... I want to do a nessus scanning, but before I'd like to know is it ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Nessus, Harmful?
    ... I want to do a nessus scanning, but before I'd like to know is it ... Because I don't want to make the server down. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)