Re: Nessus, Harmful?

It depends on the device.

Some devices with can have issues
with port scans.
It is always best to scan in a controlled manner,
before just scanning your network if you are not willing to except a
possible service impactiing event.

-Joe

Zaki
Akhmad wrote:
Hello,

I want to do a nessus
scanning, but before I'd like to know is it
nessus scanning
harmful? Because I don't want to make the server down.

Thanks!
--
Zaki Akhmad

Review
Board

Prove to peers and potential
employers without a doubt that you can
actually do a proper
penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a
full
practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: OSCP ?
    ... the reading material should describe things that are in scope of the exam. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: out of box scanner
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Configuration testing tools for Juniper switches?
    ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: AVG and Outlook Express Attachments...
    ... I've had AVG for years. ... So maybe turning off the scanning is not so bad. ... Tools - Advanced settings - Email Scanner - Certification ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)