Re: Nessus, Harmful?

It depends on the set of tests you choose, either safe or evasive.
Even safe tests could trigger bad stuff. I have a history of crashing
core routers by sending wrong IKE packets to them from Nessus. If it's
a live operational equipment, you need to schedule a possible downtime
and have all necessary support people on duty.

Adel.