Re: "MIPS" Pentesting

Hi Elliot,

Though not directly referring to your device, this might be helpful.

From a Google search using limiters: site:hk.zksoftware.com telnet

See: http://hk.zksoftware.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=519&extra=&page=1

Cheers,
--scm

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Elliot Fernandes
<elliotfernandes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When testing a network, I was using nmap and I came up with a system that had port 23 open. So I netcat'ed into it and I got:

Welcome to Linux (ZEM300) for MIPS
Kernel 2.4.20 Treckle on an MIPS

Has anyone come across this before? It seems to be a login point for a security device (physical security) at the network. Thing is, I have no documentation on the "MIPS", neither from google or from anywhere else. Anyone got ideas on this? And I'm running hydra with a wordlist, and a bruteforcer at the same time on it.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org