From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Zaki Akhmad
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:17 PM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Nessus, Harmful?

Hello,

I want to do a nessus scanning, but before I'd like to know is it
nessus scanning harmful? Because I don't want to make the server down.

Thanks!
--
Zaki Akhmad

Board

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can
actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require
a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Nessus, Harmful?
    ... vulnerability scanners (nexpose, nessus, qualys, saint etc) have dealt ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Nessus, Harmful?
    ... I'm likely preaching to the choir here; but something I would advise with Nessus or any other vulnerability, configuration, patch or port scanning tool: ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Nessus, Harmful?
    ... Also post this question to the Nessus mailing list...you'll definitely ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Nessus, Harmful?
    ... nessus already disabled all harmfull or any DOS attack. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Nessus, Harmful?
    ... Few years ago even with one nessus I've managed to crash older cisco catalyst switches. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)