Re: Hacking and Building Web Applications

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:46:40 +0530
"Swaminathan, Balaji" <Balaji.Swaminathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
Hi all,

Just started learning abt penetrating Web applications since last 1
month which is going to be my part of job shortly. To start with, I am
basically not from the programming background. So spending time in
learning them starting with Javascript, ASP, SQL, PHP etc (assuming

Testing and Hacking Methodologies (similar to OWASP, SANS etc)

</snip>

- To check the webserevr for security hole you can use nikto
- To check the server for hole you can use openvas
- Try bcktrack distro.

Thanks