Properly Arp Cache Poisoning

Hello guys,

Recently I attempted an Arp Cache Poisoning to sniff over switched connections.
The problem is that it works against my home computer but not against my laptop.
When I try to sniff my laptop, it get DoS'ed.
Sniffing my Desktop it all goes smoothly.

What could be influential in this other than doing something wrong like a miss clicking onto another IP on ettercap or something or whatever?
I tried this 5 times last night and I was pretty confused why I could not sniff my laptop and could sniff my Desktop.
The ARP tables are as it should be for sniffing... this is where I wonder.

Put your thoughts here so I can test it again this evening.and maybe get it to work.
Tomorrow I will tell you if something else went wrong or what did I do to fix the issue.

Thank you.
--
Leandro Quibem Magnabosco.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Properly Arp Cache Poisoning
    ... Recently I attempted an Arp Cache Poisoning to sniff over switched ... When I try to sniff my laptop, ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: This is the SBC (Simey Broadcasting Corporation)...
    ... Simey, in the kitchen, on a laptop, with no wires. ... Parish, I owe you, and others, a pint or three for assisting during ... this deeply traumatic time (*sniff sniff*) ... You have enabled WPA on the wireless connection haven't you? ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: This is the SBC (Simey Broadcasting Corporation)...
    ... Parish, I owe you, and others, a pint or three for assisting during this deeply traumatic time (*sniff sniff*) ... You have enabled WPA on the wireless connection haven't you? ... Don't want the local oiks sitting in their Nova down the road with a laptop using your 'net connection to d/l pr0n now, ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: WiFi sniffing need to be connected?
    ... I think it depends on which client you are trying to sniff. ... on wifi then if you put your card in promiscous mode you should be ... that network. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: sniffing files from ftp session
    ... GreetZ from IndianZ ... I need a sniffer which could sniff and save files from ftp traffic. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)