Re: Offensive Security OSCP Course

Felipe Martins escreveu:
Hello,
Does anyone now or attended classes of the Offensive Security Penetration Tests with Backtrack Course, eligible for the OSCP Certification ? What do you think of the course ? Is the tests easy for experienced professionals ?
I've seen at their site and the prices are really good, except for the CTP Course (eligible for OSCE Certification). I'd like to hear from you all what do you think of that certification and course, mainly from those who attended that.
If it's really good i intend to attend classes online for the PWT 2.0 Course.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Felipe,

There's a pretty recent thread about this on pen-test@securityfocus that you should take a look.

Either way, I doing the course and, before starting it, I was really afraid I would not be able to keep up because I have no programming skills.
In fact, it is better to have some, but you will not *need* it.
It is mandatory to know Linux and have the basic knowledge of networking/osi layers... etc!
But ... you should just go for it, no matter what you know now.
I am positive that your money will be well employed.

I don't know about the test yet, but if it is anything like I imagine, it shall be a little hard but not too much... passable, for sure.
I hope it is harder than I expect, otherwise there will be too many people with it.

Anyway... my last tip.
Don't start the course if you have no free time.
If you are thinking about starting the course, you better dedicate yourself or you will be throwing money on the trash bin... like all studies! ;)

BR,

Leandro Quibem Magnabosco.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Offensive Security OSCP Course
    ... Does anyone now or attended classes of the Offensive Security Penetration Tests with Backtrack Course, eligible for the OSCP Certification? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Offensive Security OSCP Course
    ... In fact i'm a infrastructure professional but specialized in security, with two Masters in it, but i always feel i'm just starting in the area. ... Does anyone now or attended classes of the Offensive Security Penetration Tests with Backtrack Course, eligible for the OSCP Certification? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Pentesting lab
    ... I think an issue here is that Metasploit and similar tools are effective ... actually do a proper penetration test. ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can ... Information Assurance Certification Review ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Pentesting lab
    ... Metasploit is a professional tool so I'd like to ask Woman to come ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can ... Information Assurance Certification Review ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: To go to University - For the CISSP etc. - Good idea/Bad idea???
    ... I'd be majoring in Security of course... ... I studied IT - Networking at Technical College, ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)