Re: Pentest lab box 16 gigs of ram

Just thinking about using this OS is a bad start. esxi or xenserver
are much better. Then put anything you want on top...

On Wednesday, November 18, 2009, macubergeek <macubergeek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All

I'm thinking of building a vmware target box for a pentest practice lab consisting of:

cheap Dell server with 16 gigs of ram PowerEdge T105
vmware workstation

My question is with the host OS.
I was contemplating the home version of Windows 7 to give me a 64 bit OS to support the amount of ram I'm planning on
Does anyone have any experience with the latest version of VMware workstation and if it will run properly on Windows 7?

would 64 bit Ubuntu be a better idea?
jk

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.
http://www.iacertification.org