Your opinion about online courses

EHLO,

What are your opinions about the online/on demand courses that are
offered by Offensive Security, SANS, etc?
I realize that it demands some kind of self-discipline when it comes
to dedicate time and so on, but besides that, is it just a waste of
money?
Is it better to spend the money on books and the time on reading and nmap -iR ?

I also realize that a course led by an instructor gives you much more,
but this question is about the online courses.

Thank you for your reply

/ A.F

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: OT - Whats the problem with profits?
    ... education, especially nontraditional education. ... Even the Chancellor of the college from which I retired is ... applying for Pell Grant money to pay for their classes. ... bartending courses, dog grooming courses, massage therapy courses - the ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Vick cops a plea, via The Smoking Gun
    ... football players could fail the few courses they bothered to ... take and still graduate. ... but my Hypocrit-O-Meter still functions pretty well ... To push you around and take your money. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)
  • Re: Norman Knocks Tiger and the PGA
    ... advantages conferred by technology are only relative to those that played ... The changes are a relative to the physical limitations of golf courses. ... The courses are spending huge sums of money to upgrade so that par 5's will ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Laura Chapells Wireshark University Courses on DVD
    ... Laura Chapell's Wireshark University Courses on DVD ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: course fees?
    ... has the right to deduct money from my wages for training courses that I ... In my contract it states that the company resererves the right to deduct ... any money owing to the company at any time. ...
    (uk.legal)