Re: Unknown Port at LevelOne WBR3460B

If it wasn't a port forward setup by you, is there a section for
remote admin capabilities?

The administration is done with a simple web-based tool at port 80 on
the router. There is a section but it's not enabled.

If it is really *your router* and you want to take your chances, I
think that the best way to go is to "jail-break" the router, get a
root shell on it, and try to see if you can figure out what process is
running on that port. If you have the time and skills, you might also
be able to reverse engineer the binary that binds to that port.

Hm... I thought of trying to jail-break it before, but im unsure.
The easiest way to jail-break it would be to replace the firmware I
think. But that sounds risky because I would have to replace the current
firmware. I'm not a gambler when it comes to my own networkequipment.

So i don't realy know where to start. I tryed to fuzz the router from
the network, but without results. Than I tried to fuzz it from the
admin-interface, without usable results too.

The only otherway I know then is the firmware, but i don't like the look
of it.

cheers

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Solution to an unusual RWW problem
    ... Googling found many probs relating to firmware and the biggest seemed going ... > and 4125 indicated port forwarding at the router and RRAS firewall was ... > state with RWW. ... > * Manually re-entering the port forwarding on the router. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IP forwarding feature in Medion Wireless Router 95038 (Aldi)
    ... Firmware Update of the MD 95038 WLAN router. ... This firmware update adds the IP Forwarding configuration function. ... Port forwarding is actually in the firewall page where it says " ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: dell axim VPN sync problems
    ... All of the firmware is up-to-date. ... that the router firmware version made a big difference ... > Using a remote XP box you can use the test detailed in the "VPN Traffic" ... >> to my PC I have port ...
  • Re: Linksys and port opening problems
    ... Does the firmware version on the router have SPI are you below firmware ... At the router's Port Forwarding, you will be able to forward port 4662 to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)