Re: Automatic web application security profiling

Open source web proxies BURP, WebScarab have spidering ability.

- Durga

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:12 AM, John Beck<jbeck59@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello List:

I am about to start an application layer security assessment of a web application and I am searching for a quick method of identifying "most" of the inputs of a JSP/tomcat web application (remotely, without source code access).

Are any of you using any free / open source / custom tools to accomplish this that you would be willing to share / recommend?  Do you know of any usable solution to automatically create a site map that could be included in a paper report?

Essentially I'd like to be able to use a free tool to spider the application and end up with a list of end points to test manually.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • RE: Which Commercial Web App Scanner?
    ... so assuming that leaves WebInspect and Acunetix ... actually do a proper penetration test. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Pentest exams
    ... would be a dynamic duo of pen testing certs. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually ... do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Fwd: Evaluating pentesters
    ... (Being a pen-tester). ... usually get a good feel of how they work and some of the methodologies ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Pentesting lab
    ... Most pros that I have ever heard of/met/read use Metasploit. ... One subject is pen-testing and second subject is malware analysis. ... actually do a proper penetration test. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Pentesting lab