Re: Format of SAM File

Greets,

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 13:40 -0600, Hernandez IV, Miguel wrote:

I should mention that the SAM file was obtained
using pwdump6 in case that is relevant. The format I am seeing is as
follows:

Username:number:password hash:another hash?:blank:blank:blank

pwdump outputs seven fields, but I've only ever seen the first six in
use. These are:
Logon name
Account ID number
LANMAN Hash
NT Hash
Full Name
Home directory

HTH,

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • RE: Format of SAM File
    ... decent explanation of the pwdump output. ... Subject: Format of SAM File ... Looking for a reference that describes the format of the windows SAM ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Format of SAM File
    ... First return on google search of "pwdump file format" returns this structure: ... Subject: Format of SAM File ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Format of SAM File
    ... Looking for a reference that describes the format of the windows SAM ... file", "understand windows SAM file", and other related searches have ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)