Re: Scanner for old files (.bak, ~, .old, etc.)

Juan Kinunt wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone knows a tool that first spiders the web
in order to enumerate al files and scripts it detects and then look
for this same files but with another extension. For example, first
spiders the web and enumerate:

index.php
news.php
cart.php

And then looks for index.php.bak, index.php.inc, index.php~,
index.bak, index.old, etc.

This tool will be useful supossing that programmers tend to change the
extension of the file to store old files.

I know Nikto, Wikto, etc... but this tools look for predefined files
and I would like to target already existing files but with different
extension.

If the tool does not exist I'll try to code something.

Thanks.

WebScarab can do this.

Rogan

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: Scanner for old files (.bak, ~, .old, etc.)
    ... I would like to know if anyone knows a tool that first spiders the web ... in order to enumerate al files and scripts it detects and then look ... for this same files but with another extension. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Scanner for old files (.bak, ~, .old, etc.)
    ... I would like to know if anyone knows a tool that first spiders the web ... in order to enumerate al files and scripts it detects and then look ... for this same files but with another extension. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Scanner for old files (.bak, ~, .old, etc.)
    ... I would like to know if anyone knows a tool that first spiders the web ... for this same files but with another extension. ... This tool will be useful supossing that programmers tend to change the ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Scanner for old files (.bak, ~, .old, etc.)
    ... I would like to know if anyone knows a tool that first spiders the web ... in order to enumerate al files and scripts it detects and then look ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)