Re: Profiling a Networks Infrastructure

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 08:18:50AM -0700, pma111 wrote:
#
# Is there a specific tool or procedure you use when you want to "profile" a
# specific network. Namely, I would like to see what options somebody could
# use to identify every internal Oracle Database / Database Server that
# resides on the Network. Could this be done without tools by some kind of

You may use portscan tools like nmap to scan a network and identify
hosts which are running particular services.

$ man nmap

# command line instruction, or would it require software installing on the
# network. Or is it no way near as simplistic as this, and even a user sat
# inside the network would need access to network documentation / diagrams etc
# to identify a full list of all internal Oracle DB's / DB Servers.
#
#

--
Muhammad Farooq-i-Azam

lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.chase.org.pk/

{((((((
/_ _ )
( . . )
( / )
----------------------------------oOOo------------oOOo----------------
THE LAST BUG
"But you're out of your mind," It still wasn't perfect,
They said with a shrug. As year followed year,
"The customer's happy; And strangers would comment,
What's one little bug?" "Is that guy still here?"
But he was determined. He died at the console,
The others went home. Of hunger and thirst.
He spread out the program, Next day he was buried,
Deserted, alone. Face down, nine-edge first.
The cleaning men came, And the last bug in sight,
The whole room was cluttered An ant passing by,
With memory-dumps, punch cards. Saluted his tombstone,
"I'm close," he muttered. And whispered, "Nice try."
The mumbling got louder,
Simple deduction,
"I've got it, it's right,
Just change one instruction."

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

  • Re: run nmap automatically from index.html (??)
    ... determine if unauthorized equipment is attached to the network. ... For nmap to accomplish this, it needs to be on the same ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: run nmap automatically from index.html (??)
    ... I wouldn't depend on employees visiting a web page to ... determine if unauthorized equipment is attached to the network. ... For nmap to accomplish this, it needs to be on the same ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Profiling a Networks Infrastructure
    ... the specific oracle port with a banner read (and traceroute the whole ... output to XML and let nmap map it for you in the gui!) ... resides on the Network. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set
    ... I thought that the HCF instruction was inspired on some old IBM ... During normal CPU ... Anyone familiar with the other hardware and system of that period ... LA brought down the corporate network while trying to torture test ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Please help networking printer
    ... used every instruction I could find to get this to work with no ... The laptop is running wireless through a Netgear ... Connection and then browsed the network for the printer. ... showed up was microsoft window network and could go no further. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)