Vulnerability scanners don't work

Greetings all. I've finished another entry on our blog. This time the entry was about why vulnerability scanners do not work. It goes into a little bit of detail and is intended for the average reader. My goal was to help to educate people about what vulnerability scanning really is.

For the record, I did add the email address of this list to my blogger so that entries are automatically posted to this list. If anyone is against me doing that, or if that is a violation of the list policy then please let me know and I'll stick with this method of letting people know. (I'm not sure if it worked hence why I'm writing this email).

Anyway, here's the latest entry:

http://snosoft.blogspot.com/2009/01/vulnerability-scanning-doesnt-work.html

As always, comments are more than welcome.

Adriel T. Desautels
ad_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
--------------------------------------

Subscribe to our blog
http://snosoft.blogspot.com

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Vulnerability scanners dont work
    ... I've finished another entry on our blog. ... entry was about why vulnerability scanners do not work. ... It opens the floodgates for every individual or company that has a blog to spam the listevery time a new entry or update is posted. ... If people want to subscribe to your blog, that's an individual choice - it shouldn't be forced on people who don't want to read it, regardless of the content. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • HOW TO: Customizing the CSS Friendly Adapters
    ... The entry linked below is raw. ... I will have another blog entry soon ... Follow @CrazyCancerDev on Twitter (no ... tweets yet) if you want to subscribe to different topics on developing a ...
  • Re: My god, will it ever stop? (9CWL)
    ... Scott Adams wrote a blog post, ... delete the whole blog entry. ... He asked his readers to vote on a topic, then he would write about it. ... A group who is concerned about Men's Rights found this entry, ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • RE: Revising it [Vulnerability Scanning Doesnt Work]
    ... I've finished another entry on our blog. ... IT Security Senior Staff ... Revising it [Vulnerability Scanning Doesn't Work] ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Revising it [Vulnerability Scanning Doesnt Work]
    ... It doesn't make much sense to me other than guessing that Security Focus feels that I'm advertising. ... I've finished another entry on our blog. ... Revising it [Vulnerability Scanning Doesn't Work] ...
    (Pen-Test)