Re: malware testing through proxy

raimarm@xxxxxxxxx dijo:
Hi All,
today some proxies can scan sites if they contain malware (keylogger,
trojans, virues, drive-by-download, etc).
In order to test and demonstrate the malware engines of our proxies I
am looking for some good malware sites that can be tested through a
proxy like bluecoat, Finjan or Ironport-s. I know the eicar.org site
to test if a virus can be found. But I also look for sites which
contain malware or code that looks like malware
but it doesn't cause any harm, but is recognized as such.

Finjan has, unsurprisingly (as they are in that business) a place in
their website with tests with malware samples. You will find it at
http://www.finjan.com/Content.aspx?id=577

Most of the tests are IE-targeted, however.

Regards

Javier

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report

  • Re: malware testing through proxy
    ... We have currently been using Finjan for over 5 years or there about and there product has evolved greatly. ... I too would like to know where else to test for Malware at the worst I can offer them my findings ... In order to test and demonstrate the malware engines of our proxies I ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • malware testing through proxy
    ... In order to test and demonstrate the malware engines of our proxies I ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Ping: John Holmes
    ... government and consumer computers around the world were infected by the malware. ... These cybercriminals established a vast affiliation network across the Web to successfully distribute and operate their malware install-base. ... Since the discovery of its findings, Finjan has provided US and UK law enforcement with information about the server. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Network of 1.9 Million Malware-Infected Computers Controlled by Cybercriminals
    ... government and consumer computers around the world were infected by the malware. ... These cybercriminals established a vast affiliation network across the Web to successfully distribute and operate their malware install-base. ... Since the discovery of its findings, Finjan has provided US and UK law enforcement with information about the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: malware testing through proxy
    ... Put the system 'behind' your proxy thingy and put an ACL on a router/FW and make sure that your system is isolated and can not route traffic other than to your proxy. ... In order to test and demonstrate the malware engines of our proxies I ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ... Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve! ...
    (Pen-Test)