Re: OSCP

For only $500 it is an excellent course (I got my OSCP in May)! You can
spend several times that for other certifications, but this really focuses
on HANDS-ON testing. If you are an experienced pen tester, this course and
the exam will be cake. If you are just starting out, it is a great way to
learn basic techniques and more importantly, how to document your testing..
If you do take it ... do ALL of the labs, even though not all of them may
be relevant to the test, tehy will make you THINK and learning how to
think like pen tester is just as important as learning how to use tools.

JB

Hi there - just out of curiosity, has anyone here taken the "Offensive
Security 101" course to receive the OSCP (Offensive Security Certified
Professional)? I'm curious as to if it is a good course, if it is run
well, and if it's worth the 500+ USD you pay for it. Thanks

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report

  • Re: OSCP
    ... But I've got some questions about OSCP. ... Do I need to be in America to sit the exam? ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: OSCP
    ... I am a OSCP it is the best hands on course i ever had, ... CEH guys, i am sorry but it is true, CEH has no hands on. ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: OSCP
    ... Now BOOM, I find out help-desk boy from 3 years ago, is a CISSP. ... Subject: OSCP ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: OSCP
    ... OSCP is great for practical knowhow but I would rather employ a CISSP anyday; why and how you would protect systems are much more important than how you break in. ... PPI Learning Services accepts no legal liability for the contents of this email including any errors, interception or interference, as internet communications are not secure. ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Certifications: Not worth the paper they are printed on?
    ... I have to dismiss outright your claim that there's anything broken about today's certifications at all. ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)