Re: Certifications: Not worth the paper they are printed on?

On 5-Oct-08, at 4:59 PM, Jay D. Dyson wrote:
To be perfectly blunt, just because someone *claims* they have "over 100 certifications" doesn't mean they actually do. Based on that simple reality, I have to dismiss outright your claim that there's anything broken about today's certifications at all.

I wouldn't even worry about verifying a claim of "having over 100 certs." The claim alone makes the claimer a verified "paper tiger" - who should probably be exempted from whatever selection process for just being dumb by making that claim.

World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Tokyo, Japan November 12/13 2008
Vancouver, Canada March 16-20 2009
pgpkey kyxpgp

This list is sponsored by: Cenzic

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OSCP
    ... spend several times that for other certifications, ... Security 101" course to receive the OSCP (Offensive Security Certified ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
  • Re: OSCP
    ... If you actually do real security, OSCP is a bullshit cert just like ... These certifications have merit because there is real ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...