From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Ahmed Zaki
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 5:20 PM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Securing Insecure SMTP

Hi all

I am presented with a client software that attempts to
connect to an smtp on port 25 . The good part is the smtp server does
not
accept connections on port 25 instead it uses the SSL smtp port. What I
probably need is to proxy the outgoing connections to port 25 so that
they
go to the other port . Any recommendations on how to achieve that ?

Regards

Top 5 Common Mistakes in
Securing Web Applications
Get 45 Min Video and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar

**DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. The contents do not represent the opinion of D&E except to the extent that it relates to their official business.

Top 5 Common Mistakes in
Securing Web Applications
Get 45 Min Video and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar

  • Exchange issues
    ... IP address that the MX record points, port forwarding is configured to route ... all traffic on port 25 to the SBS Exhange server. ... I suspected SMTP relaying becuase ... All the Exchange services are running and all looks fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Mail sent through IIS virtual SMTP server not arriving
    ... Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP ... In the Default SMTP Virtual Server's properties, in the "Access" tab, both ... a real sender address on the SMTP virtual server? ... Youi'll find sample code for changing the port number under system.web.amil here: ...
  • RE: SMTPS - Exchange
    ... the newsgroups are staffed weekdays by Microsoft Support professionals to ... If the Exchange server is listening on other port rather than ... the external email server will not send emails to your SMTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange Server 2003 Smart Host
    ... The Google Mail enable SSL SMTP connection for clients to connect but not ... for Exchange server. ... The Exchange only support TLS for that. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: outlook express wont connect using ssl
    ... my smtp VS which is on 587 to the same settings as my default server ... the only difference is the port #. ... SSL ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)