Re: Comprehensive firewall test using Nmap?

Gabriele Brosulo(brosulo@xxxxxxxxxxx)@Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:08:02AM +0200:
On Thursday 21 August 2008 09:00:02 Alexander Sandstr?m Krantz A wrote:
Is it possible to automatically alter the source port when using Nmap to
test a firewall?

Apparently it's not possible. I tryed this:

nmap -sS -P0 -g 2000-2010 127.0.0.1

but all packet comes from port 2000. Does anybody know a workaround? The only
way I thinked about is to use a script to randomize source port on a dest
port base, but I think it will be not efficient..

Hmm...

$ man nmap | grep -- -g
-g/--source-port <portnum>: Use given port number

That doesn't look like it takes a range.

--
Bill Weiss

Top 5 Common Mistakes in
Securing Web Applications
Get 45 Min Video and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar

  • Re: port scan to juniper fw
    ... If the packet with SRC-IP a.b.c.d ... enters firewall via interface 'X' and the route on the firewall for ... the below default behavior of Juniper SSG for a port scan. ... Information Assurance Certification Review ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Strange replies on closed port
    ... port should be a RST - not dropping the packet. ... receiving an UDP datagram to a non 'listening' port. ... that message isn't generated by the end host, ... Connecting to a closed Port w/o Firewall: ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: keeping ports open
    ... If a port is open, it means that 1) a software or service is running on your ... and 2) you're not using a firewall or your firewall isn't ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • Re: CEICW fails at firewall config
    ... ISA Server prevents connection to a remote desktop when you connect through ... Remote Web Workplace on a Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer ... Acceleration Server as a firewall. ... connection uses TCP port 4125. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)