Re: Good advice: Learn Assembly

Hi Jim..
Answer to your question lies with you. Just try to figure out how will
you find vulnerabilities (and try to develop some exploit as PoC) if
you are not given source code, rather you get binary to play with. By
doing a black-box type testing, u can find the present of bug, but may
not be able to exploit it or do any analysis to have clear
understanding. I agree that metasploit and ollydbg are great tools,
but still understanding stack.heap, EIP, ESP etc help you to get
things done in your own way. And yes, you need not to be an expert in
assembly to start. Its about Science of Vulnerability Analysis, when
such fundamental knowledge is sought :)

regards
-Sanjay