scanning for a specific service with nmap

guys I how could I use nmap to scan the network for a specific server/service without having every single host alive coming back in the scan but only that machine in which the service is running... for example, let's say I want to scan the network to find only MSSQL server which by default uses port 1433, in that case I would use nmap with something like this...

nmap -sSV -P0 -p T:1433 192.168.10.0/24

this scan eventually will detect the machine that is running the SQL server, the only problem is that it returns every single host alive, only that port status is close as it should be expected, but I wonder if it is possible to only have returned the host running SQL service.

Thanks in advance

Jorge L. Vazquez.
www.pctechtips.org

Top 5 Common Mistakes in Securing Web Applications
Get 45 Min Video and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar

  • Re: Identification of non Cisco APs
    ... I would guess that most of these access points would have ports 80 ... You could do this with nmap, ... you should be able to identify what they are from the Server: ... network (which would be the case if they are a home router/firewall/ap ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • scanning for a specific service with nmap
    ... guys I how could I use nmap to scan the network for a specific server/service without having every single host alive coming back in the scan but only that machine in which the service is running... ... for example, let's say I want to scan the network to find only MSSQL server which by default uses port 1433, in that case I would use nmap with something like this... ... this scan eventually will detect the machine that is running the SQL server, the only problem is that it returns every single host alive, only that port status is close as it should be expected, but I wonder if it is possible to only have returned the host running SQL service. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Fully parallel Scheme-based language w/ evaluator
    ... Windows Server 2003 and networks in simple - and irreverent - terms. ... If networking really is a big deal, ... Concepts and Terminology in Part I, and The Design and Deployment of Network ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)