Re: Identify rogue adsl modems routers in the network

A wardialer won't find an ADSL modem because it isn't a conventional
modem. The best bet would be as the poster noted asking the ISP because they
would have to provision the DSLAM in the CO for adsl and I think they are
likely the only one that could tell for sure. You could physically examine
the jack on the corporate end (and that with no notice because simply
disconnecting the modem for a while will leave you no further ahead). I'd
assume (but don't know) that the corporation would be allowed to have that
information as they are the "owner" of the circuit in question but you may hit
issues about privacy but asking certainly won't hurt.
Asking the telco about an (undoubtably for a fee :-)) restriction of
no ADSL provisioning on corporate lines may be an option if as seems likely
the requirement is complience. If there is a PBX in the way I don't beleive an
ADSL modem will work so that may help eliminate this as a possibility (I
beleive the line needs to be straight to the CO with no loading coils
installed for ADSL to work).