RE: Vuln Scanner for Web App Source Code

Vericode - http://www.veracode.com

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of cnanne@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 12:16 AM
To: pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Vuln Scanner for Web App Source Code

This might be a bit of a dumb question, but does anyone know of a good Vulnerability Scanner for finding faults in the actual Source Code of the Web App? Or can this task can only be done by hand?

Any feedback on this is highly appreciative

cheers,

PhoenixRbrth

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information and is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail or act upon the information contained herein. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

Top 5 Common Mistakes
in Securing Web Applications
Find out now! Get Webinar Recording and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar

  • Re: Do I need Pro or Dev Edition of .NET ?
    ... I have contacted the Dev company to ask, ... I do not have access to the source code (and no ide to view it in ... Its a Web App connecting to a SQL 2000 backend. ... I'm a VB / SQL developer with a bit of ASP, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Vuln Scanner for Web App Source Code
    ... Vuln Scanner for Web App Source Code ... cross site scripting, ect. ... Vulnerability Scanner for finding faults in the actual Source Code of the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Source code review/scanner
    ... source code and web app code created by our developers. ... with less than optimal security or coding knowledge. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: PHP Directory Transversal
    ... He probably has php in 'safe-mode'. ... Andres Molinetti wrote: ... > Working on a Web app testing...I have found that the uses the ... > I user the same source code in my server, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Source code review/scanner
    ... Subject: Source code review/scanner ... source code and web app code created by our developers. ...
    (Pen-Test)